Monday, December 8, 2008

Nutcracker 5k

What a great day for a race. This was Maddie's first 5k and she did amazing. She took 2nd place in her age group.

Isn't this picture great?! I went back after I finished and ran with her to the 1/2 mile or so. When we rounded the corner with 100 yards left, that girl found the turbo boost button and took off. Holy cow was she fast, there was no way I could keep up with her! She was so fast both feet were off the ground and she was flying!


This was also Calee's first race. Calee and I were both sick with head colds and congestion, but that wasn't going to stop Calee from seeing the ballerina's and hopefully win a "cracker man" (which she did, YAY!) She was such a trooper. Clint took her home after her race and she slept for a good 3 hours. Her poor little red shirt was so covered in runny nose residue, that Clint threw it away. But she was fine with that cuz she loves her new crackerman shirt.
































That's me in the red. I wanted to finish in at least 26 minutes,but it wasn't my day. Maybe when I am not hacking up a lung, I will reach my goal. I still did alright and finished 2nd in my age group with a time of 27:54. It was so wonderful to share a race with my daughters. I feel blessed to have a great family that supports me in my crazy runny adventures, and even feels compelled to join in the craziness at times. What a perfect day for all of us!

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Great pics!! It looks sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!! I hope that you had an awesome Thanksgiving!!

Jody Hancock said...

I think you are awesome to be running marathons! What a great example you are to your girls to be healthy. We need to get our kids together again. We really can't expect them to get married if we don't provide plenty of opportunity for them to get to know each other!

Delene said...

Your my fitness HERO!!!

Valerie said...

Awesome that you're getting her in so young. What a great example you are.

Miles said...

I wish I could have done the race with you. Looks like you had a great time. Awesome pictures. I can't wait until our half in a couple of months.