
This is the bee that decided to use my child's face as a pin cushion. It stung her not once but 3 times! Don't ask me how it managed to get her three times. All I can say is, Calee was NOT happy about it. You can see the little white circles with a red dot in the middle right under her nostril. She was so good about it, once we got her settled down. Clint held her on his lap and put ice on it. I made a paste w/baking soda and we gave her some Tylenol. A half hour later she wanted to go back outside and play. Her poor little face was "broken"(that's how she described it) for the good part of a day, she was very happy when her smile looked normal again.
We placed the now very dead bee in a plastic bag for her to look at. It's been a little over a week and she still likes to see the bee in it's safe place behind plastic. Calee was very concerned for the garbage collectors after we found bees in our trash can. She did not want them to get stung. It made me happy that she was so thoughtful of others. She is learning good things....YEAH!

4 comments:
Poor little Calee, I can't believe it got her three times, ouch! She looks all grown up and so cute:)
I stepped on a bee at the beach a few weeks ago. It got my little toe good. DARN BEES!!! Kiss Calee's cheek for me!
AAHH, poor little sweetie! Connor got stung the other day too, on the hand. Calee's experience looks much worse! Hope she is recovering ok!
Update: Jax stepped on a bee the other day. I guess getting stung is a right of passage!
Post a Comment